Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Banshees and things of that nature!

If you know me well…. you’ve probably heard me use the word “Banshee” a time or two. (Typically used in sentences like … “Ya…..I pretty much made-out like a Banshee”.) You see…..as a key member of the Novato Youth Soccer Associations #1 Team: “The Banshee’s” ……I always thought the word meant…..stealth like, accurate, fantastically amazing, thoughtful, & skillful. It wasn’t until loosing a bet to my good friend TW (pronounced T-dub) that I learned the true meaning of the word…..and much to my chagrin! In Irish legend, a Banshee is a female spirit/fairy that wails to warn of a death. The word 'banshee' comes from the old Irish words 'ben', a woman, and 'side' a fairie, and means 'woman of the fairies'. The legend of the Banshees has been an integral part of Irish folklore for hundreds of years. Maybe “making-out like a Banshee” is the real reason behind the fact that I am 32…..and still single. I mean….who wants to make-out with a Irish Fairy, wailing and warning of death? (Course “Make out Matt” did….but that’s besides the point.) For those of you still following my athletic career….I give you this photo. I used to call it, “The Greatest Banshee of all”……I’ve changed the name to “See….I really was on a soccer team! I’ve got skills!” ----

1 ___Post a Comment Here! (I love comments!!!):

Anonymous said...

You MUST have been a beautiful baby!
Millie