Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mom and Dad's Farewell

Today has been a pretty amazing and emotional day! Mom and Dad leave for the MTC tomorrow morning! They both gave inspiring, wonderful talks at church and we were all so proud! They say a picture is worth a thousand words...........here's a few thousand!!!!!! (The above picture was taken just minutes before they were set apart!) RBH I and RBH III
The Future Elder Hutchins and Elder Howarth Tam and I! (Baby on board!) Thanks so much for your help Tam!
The old kiddies had fun playing a new game! Yes....the bubble machine makes an appearance. Ellery knows I keep it in my car at all times.......so she went and grabbed it to entertain the kids! SO FUN!
Janie, my moms cousin-Heidi, mom and Auntie Linda.
Bullen Sisters (cousins) Holly, yours truly, and Kels Mom and Linda with the Bullen Family.
So fun to see old frineds from the San Rafael ward. Taylors, Tuckers, Ellis', Stevensons, Shelly Burdett....so fun!
The Jacobsons, me and the Johnsons! I love you guys!
Laurie, Paul, Allison and Matt!

2 ___Post a Comment Here! (I love comments!!!):

Alan said...

I'm totally tearing up just looking at those beautiful photos. What a sacrifice your parents (and your whole family!!) are making. I'm sure it is so so hard to kiss their beautiful family goodbye for a year and a half. They are amazing examples and I am seriously in awe. Please tell them good luck! They will be such great missionaries!! (Also, how cute is little pregnant Lisa! Loved that profile shot. She is so amazing, I can't believe she is going to have ANOTHER baby!!)

the New Mom said...

Well sweet Christie....you know a thing or two about this....much better than I do....... I believe it was my mom that said to your dad...."Oh Don.....I don't speak Spanish......We can't go to Guatemala!" I can't imagine having my parents gone for three years.....and in another country to boot! You'll have to share tips with me...becuase my eyes start to well ever time I think about them!