Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Last week, Mike's boss asked him to be in Detroit, first thing Monday morning (yesterday.) Only one problem....Mike and the kids were still going to be in Utah Monday morning with me, in Midway. My (generous, kind and handsome) boss allowed me to work remotely so that I could fly back to Seattle with the kids and stay with them while dad is away on business. Mike flew out Sunday night and some how, I managed to get three kids (and all of their stuff) packed up and to the airport in time for our flight yesterday. (Thanks for your help MOM!) Mike gave perfect instructions on finding the car at the airport and we were home in time for dinner last night! This morning......all three kids were alive and made it to school without incident! Maybe......with a little work...(ok maybe a lot) ......I can figure this mom business out! We'll see....it may be too early to tell! It's only day two!

3 ___Post a Comment Here! (I love comments!!!):

Krissy said...

This is so exciting Aim! I am so amazed at this whole experience. I am so happy for you Amy and I think you will make an amazing mother to these children and the most incredible wife to Mike. It's just so amazing to me. Do you like Redmond? It looks beautiful. I tried calling you last week. Call me if you get a minute. I want to hear your happy voice! I love you Aim! My prayers are with you! You're gonna do great!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I LOVE THE STORIES! I heard the story (finally!) from Susan (who heard it from Staci who heard it from Lisa) and am so excited for you! Keep posting! You'll be an awesome mom! xoxo

C*K*J said...

You...AMY HUTCHINS...never cease to amaze me! I miss you! Call me when you can! XOXO!